The Induction course is designed for church workers, i.e. helpers, volunteers, leaders, staff and clergy.
To assist church workers in:
- engaging in God-honouring, life-giving and harm-free ministry interactions
- their understanding of boundaries
- fulfilling their duty of care
- identifying and responding to concerns about harm
- awareness of denominational and local church procedures for responding to risk of harm
- representing God in their church role/s
- providing safe physical, emotional and spiritual environments
- awareness of the elements for Child Safety (recommended by the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse)
The Induction course is hosted by OpenLearning.com
It has four Modules, each with a set of learning activities. It contains videos, links to relevant websites, written information, tasks and reflections. It will take church workers approximately 4 hours to complete the eTraining Induction.
Cost: $30 per participant, paid upfront, to OpenLearning.com
It can be accessed at: https://www.openlearning.com/courses/safe-ministry-online-induction
Copyright 2018 Safe Ministry Resources